Analytics and Reporting
You’ve built a new website, implemented a strong SEO strategy, and buffed up your social media presence—so is it working? You can’t be certain that you’ve slotted all the right pieces into the correct places without verifiable proof that your law firm marketing plan is doing what it promised. That’s where analytics and reporting come into play.
Meaningful data is the basis for every decision we make about our clients’ law firm marketing strategies.
At GAVL, we use technology at the forefront of the digital marketing sphere for both reporting and data visualization, including Google Analytics, Ahrefs, CallRail, and more. Our in-house marketing team continually monitors everything from bounce and click-through rates to session duration and rankings. This data is interpreted and made available to our clients through easy-to-understand monthly reports.
The Role of Analytics and Reporting in a Legal Marketing Strategy
Search engine algorithms are constantly evolving, yet the exact nature of these changes is rarely disclosed to the public. This requires digital marketing experts to continually think ahead, researching current best practices as well as future anticipated trends. We do this by drawing on different sources of information to determine the performance of key metrics like click-through rate (CTR), page rankings, and more.
In law firm marketing, analytics and reporting are the steps that tell us:
- Which strategies are working, and what areas need further improvement.
- Which keywords are bringing in the most traffic, and which aren’t seeing much use.
- How often potential leads are visiting your site long enough to read through content.
- The ranking of specific practice area pages on Google and other search engines.
So what do we do with all that data?
We improve your legal marketing strategy.
GAVL doesn’t just compress information down into a report; we carefully analyze trends, shifts in rankings, and user interactions to make big changes and little tweaks. Every decision we make is rooted in the data we collect and evaluate on behalf of our clients.
GAVL’s Approach to Law Firm Data Analytics
At GAVL, we are strong believers in the power of reporting and analytics.
We ask questions like:
- Which search queries are driving the most traffic to your site?
- What is the average click-through rate?
- How can we improve local SEO strategies?
- Which practice area pages average high positions on Google’s search engine results page (SERP), and which pages are struggling?
- What changes did we make that influenced rankings? Were those changes positive or negative?
- Where is most of the website traffic coming from? Are organic searches or backlinks performing better, and how can we improve areas of underperformance?
One of the most important questions we have to ask is this one: What do you think of this?
Let’s take a closer look at what you can expect from the analytics and reporting part of your legal marketing plan with GAVL.
Analyzing Raw Data and Taking Actionable Steps
A pile of data doesn’t mean much of anything on its own. To be meaningful, we need to understand what the data is telling us.
That’s why we look at much more than just static markers of progress. For example, when we consider what position a webpage is ranking on Google’s SERP, only looking at where it is ranking in the moment isn’t very helpful at all. Instead, we take a 360° look at every piece of data for a webpage.
To understand the significance of its current ranking, we have to ask:
- Did its ranking change? Did it drop, or is it ranking higher?
- What changes did we make that could have influenced the change?
- What changes did our competitors make?
- Was there a recent update to Google’s algorithm?
- How can we use this information to improve rankings?
We don’t believe in fixed approaches to fluid problems. We don’t keep doing the same old thing just because that’s how we’ve always done it.
The GAVL approach allows us to make real-time changes based on actionable data, resulting in improved page rankings and increased leads for our clients.
Presenting Data in an Easy-to-Understand Report
This is your law office and your marketing plan—we want you to be involved! Transparency is important to us, and we keep you and your firm in the loop through monthly reports that detail:
- Overall traffic information
- Call and form tracking
- Social media tracking
- Social media post summaries
- Written content summaries
These reports are a cornerstone of what we do here at GAVL.
Working Together To Meet Your Needs
So what do you plan on doing with your personalized report? We hope that you’ll read through it, consider the data we’ve carefully crafted and compiled, and come to us with any thoughts, concerns, or ideas that you have.
We work closely with our clients when making goal adjustments and deciding on the next move. We’re here to work with you, and transparency is a key part of our relationship.
Let’s See What Analytics and Reporting Can Do for Your Law Firm
At GAVL, we approach SEO, analytics, and reporting for law firms with a malleable outlook. We know that the legal marketing industry is rapidly changing, and we are ready to change with it every step of the way. Our practice of continually monitoring raw data, interpreting and analyzing it for meaning, and reporting back to you is what sets us apart.
Ready to see what GAVL can do for you and your law firm? Let’s talk—contact us today to see how our analytics and reporting methods can guide your marketing plan in the right direction.
Come see us at these events.
OAJ Annual Convention 2024
GAVL is proudly exhibiting at the Ohio Association for Justice Annual Convention 2024.
Society of Women Trial Lawyers Annual Conference 2024
GAVL is excited to attend the Society of Women Trial Lawyers Annual Conference 2024!